Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trivia!

Dear Readers,

Well, here we are. Day 2 of having this blog, and I have writer's block. I'm asking myself what to write about tonight. Asking what my loyal readers would want to read about. And then I decided.


Me!


But, what about me? So, for lack of a better idea, I'm going to post a list of things you may or may not know about me. How long a list? I have no idea. I'll type til I run out of things to say, then probably keep writing til the list is a nice round even number (cause I'm OCD like that.) And, without further ado...


1. My full name is Rebecca Lea Hackett Lisor. Hackett is my maiden name. I'm trying to decided if I want to change it back to my maiden name when my divorce is final, leave it as it is, or make up something entirely new and different. My middle name is pronounced Lee. It's the same as my mother's middle name, and when my grandmother gave it to her everyone said it was pronounce Leah. My NaNa told everyone she could spell it B-I-L-L and it would still be pronounced LEE if she wanted it to be! :)


2. I'm in the process of divorcing the man I dated for 9 years, was married to for 5 months, and have been separated from for 3 years. And when I say in the process, I mean I'm waiting for him to get off his lazy ass, finish the paperwork and send it to me!


3. I have 3 tattoos. The first is a fairy on my ankle. She has her knees drawn up and her hair is covering her face. I love it because you can't tell what she's feeling. Is she crying? Thinking? Sleeping? Laughing? And yes, her feet are missing. I like to say that it means she's grounded, and yet retains the ability to fly.




The second is a turtle on my shoulder blade. The ex and I got matching tats after our honeymoon in Hawaii. Mine isn't easy to see, but his on his calf muscle. Anytime he's in shorts, in the shower, or fooling around with the home-wrecking bitch he has to see his. If you know where to look, and look carefully, our anniversary date is hidden in the coloring.




And third, I have three stars on my inner right wrist. I have 3 nephews that were born just shortly after The Split, as I refer to it. Those boys were the only thing that got me up off the couch, eating, and living some semblance of a life again. This tattoo honors them. People often confuse it with a band-aid on my wrist, which I think is appropriate. I never actually considered suicide during some of the darkest days of my life, but I love the symbolism of the boys being the band-aid that saved my life.




4. I have the most amazing mother! She raised my sister and I by herself (even when my abusive, addicted father was around he wasn't any help.) And now she's helping my sister raise her sons. I love, Love, LOVE my mom! She really is one of my best friends.


5. I used to play bass guitar for a band in college. Sounds cool, huh? Yep, until you realize that I never wrote any of my own music. Our singer/songwriter/guitarist also wrote the guitar and bass parts. I just did what I was told. I did write lyrics for a couple of songs, but they weren't good enough to make it on our CD. Yes, we made a CD. But just because we were all splitting up and moving away and we wanted a keepsake of our music.


6. I graduated 5th in my high school class. Again, impressive, right? Until I tell you that my class was made up of 32 students!


7. I used to be a poet. I'd like to be one again. When I was in high school I wrote poetry as easily as I spoke. If anyone is interested, perhaps I'll post some here. As an adult, though, I've finished very few poems. I get ideas for them that haunt me until I write them down. I'll start to compose the poem, get stuck or have to put it down, and then never come back to it. I'm working on fixing it though.


8. I feel like my brain is dying. I feel like I used to be a whole lot smarter than I am now. I don't know if it has something to do with the people I spend time with being smarter now, so I'm dumber by comparison, or if my brain is just getting slow from lack of use. I'd really love to wake it up again. I keep talking about reading and studying Shakespeare again, but am generally much more motivated when other people are doing things with me. No one is very interested in analyzing Shakespeare and so I have to motivate myself, which is something I suck at.


9. I love the theater! Walking into a place where a play is being produced is like coming home. It doesn't actually even have to be theater. The community theater group I was involved in in Phoenix met, rehearsed, and performed in local churches. But picking up a script, rehearsing, memorizing, doing sets, costumes, makeup.... all of it! I miss it terribly.


And now, dear readers, we are at the point where I don't know what else to write, but cannot finish this without a 10th thing on the list. I told ya it would happen! ... A-ah! Got one!


10. I love to make up words, or call things by names other than those normal society has given them. For example, my cell phone is called my hello. I've actually said "I left my hello in the car." The past tense of snow is snew. As in "It snew 4 inches yesterday!" (Blow = blew. Know = knew. And so forth.) The things outside in your lawn that squirt water to keep the grass green? Those a spinkers.


And now you're all wondering why the hell you've bothered to read through this dribble. Or if it's actually worth being friends with such a weirdo. But remember, without me you would have spent the last few minutes bored instead of reading my inane ramblings. Or, you would have spent them doing some productive and my little list here was the break you poor brain needed. Either way, you love me for it!


Lovingly,
Your Lonely Dreamer

2 comments:

  1. I like readin about you :)
    And yes, post some of that poetry on here!
    Miss u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable.. I love you so much Bex!! Its awesome to think in someway Joshy had a part in your healing.. Now when he grows up you can tell him what that tattoo means on your wrist.. Oh yeah I love the made up words.. There totally awesome.. I do remember you calling your cell a "hello".. I think its cute..
    xoxo, Tray

    ReplyDelete